Monday, April 06, 2009

Home Improvements Take One!





Allison's Big Girl Room

We decided to do a different color scheme for Allison's big girl room. I was over the gingham lavender and wanted to mix things up, so I went with pink and brown. I love her in pink and brown and most of her clothes seem to show that! I went ahead with the double border chair rail that we had done in her nursery on Harris Street. That's where the polkie dots (to quote Victor VIto the painter!) would end up. Other wise, it was like walking into a bowl of neopolitan ice cream. As you see in the pictures, the previous owners were all about the lavender. It was even the color choice for carpet! We had to get that changed too. We went with a textured/two-toned plush. I am hoping it will hide dirt and other things! It turned out AWESOME! I got her name letters today and we plan on getting stuff on the walls this weekend. I'll try and take some pics of my kickin' new office. I love, love, love it too!

No comments: