Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I guess Brent and I are officially lame parents. Next is CNN 24/7 and NPR in the car. Obivously we don't have big plans for the new year tonight, I think we are frankly exhausted from the past four months. I am really enjoying stressing about what to make for dinner versus are we going to have a place to live come December? Oh, much better!
Allison is in the throws of the terrible two's. I saw her pediatrician and he recommended 1,2,3 Magic. It's a book about discipline for kids 2-12. I have read most of it, and what a joke. She just looks at me (after I have said 1,2,3 naughty spot) and says 7,8,9 Mommy! I guess these things take time!
There is one new behavior of Allison's that is both maddening and highly entertaining. She has little schizo episodes. Please bear in mind that I am not making light of any mental illness, but my toddler has episodes! One moment it's rock Mommy a nano second later it's no rock Mommy. Then read the book Mommy pause no, don't read the book Mommy. Milk Mommy no milk Mommy only water. Pink pajamas no pink pajamas brown ones no brown ones pink mommy pink! All day long. After awhile, I just laugh, what else is there to do?!?
I am really looking forward to the New Year and all it's promise. I hope you have a wonderful, safe, and healthy 2009! Hi Samantha and thanks for reading my blog! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shot out!

The Santiago Four said...

Hey I listen to NPR whenever I'm in the car, and a lot of times in the house too. I love "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me"

Katie Booker said...

My grandparents always listened to NPR and it drove me crazy. There are some good shows, I'm sure but some of the things I've heard is just an SNL skit gone very bad!