We are busy packing up boxes and getting things ready to move. Calling utility companies is still painful!
Brent and I are really having a tough time leaving our current house. This is the first place we actually owned, worked for and maintained. It holds so many memories for us--the flooded basement, the blizzard, the birds, the attacks Bailey endured in the backyard. Not to mention bringing Allison home from the hospital here and having her spend her first two years with us, here! I can't imagine not living here but reality is on it's way and in eight days, I will walk out of here and not come back. I almost feel compelled to leave our initials somewhere in this house. This will always be my house, no matter who lives here. Brent and I have just outgrown it and the commute for Brent is much too much.
On a lighter moving note, I can't seem to find my cord to download photos from our camera. Brent was a little anxious in his packing, so I am assuming it's in some box, somewhere. He even packed my closet, um, hello? It's December, might need a sweater?? Won't go there. That in mind I will be a little delayed posting photos from Thanksgiving and consequently Allison's 2nd birthday party. I'll blog about it, but will post the photos later. On a cute turkey day note, I have a very cute picture of her sneaking cranberry sauce from the table when she thought no one was looking. Too funny and who would have thought that one of her favorite things would be cranberry sauce?!
We are excited to move and make new memories but it's bittersweet. We love this house and this will always be a special place for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment