Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Pepaw !

Brent's Dad, Carl arrived Friday night for a weekend trip. He splits his time ((EQUALLY) between his three sons. Someone somewhere I guess keeps track.....We had the second shift after he spent some time in Richmond. Which by the way my nephew, John is now on to middle school AND he has a girlfriend. Oh the pain.
Carl arrived and we were off to dinner. Friday night, I don't cook. Never have, never will. I hope. We headed out to Bonefish. I really like that restaurant. I feel like they have some really healthy options and not everything is so heavy and slow to digest. ((You know that bloated feeling you get, that's what I mean by heavy and slow to digest!)). I totally hinted that it was Carl's birthday but in his typical absent minded way when the waitress asked if he would prefer something in chocolate, he responds with, "Well, no, that's okay, I don't do chocolate". I quickly chimed in with, "well you will tonight!" Seriously? Who "doesn't do chocolate"?? The absent minded part is also said with much love and respect. :)
Saturday morning was the Booker's favorite locale, THE WATER MINE! We were once again super impressed with Allison's growing confidence of swimming and just playing in the water. After that it was home for lunch and you guessed it, nap time! Then we got dressed for dinner and headed out to Fairfax Corner to Uncle Julio's. Super annoyed that they don't post nutrition information, so I opted for fish tacos. Hold the guac, just kidding, pour it on! :)
Two margaritas each later, we walked over to the fountain to "check it out". I knew walking over to it, we were flirting with disaster. And I was right. We stood there looking at it and Allison looked at me and just very innocently said, "Mommy, what can I do?" With that, I told her to take off her shoes, no running, have fun and that we would watch from the sidelines. Then the joy of childhood began! I've never seen her so thrilled!


Then we headed over to listen to some live music. They reminded Brent and I of Dave Matthews Band, one of our faves. Allison decided to break it down in front of a crowd. I was shocked because she is usually so shy in that type of situation. Brent has some awesome video of it, that I hope to post. I kind of feel like we could win 10K with her mad skills. Here some still shots...doesn't do it it justice.




Sunday we hung out at the house and had lunch and then headed over to Steve and Misti's for dinner. I'm not ignoring the fact that it was in fact Father's Day but that's a different post.....
Here's the kiddos hanging out with their Pepaw!

No comments: