Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day #4

Last night was laid back..........we opted to go to Planet Pizza for dinner and get enough dinner for lunch today. Worked great--I got a vegetable pizza and Alli and Brent split a cheese. It was divine and better yet the three of us ate for about twenty bucks. Score us!
This morning Brent had to work, bummer, so Allison and I headed off to the Virginia Beach Aquarium. The entry was a little steep but come to find out admission was good all day, not that we would go back but it did help the sting a little. It was $27 bucks for us, I thought that was expensive.....

We got in to the Aquarium and got to touch horseshoe crabs, sea stars (once called starfish, Jacques Costeau changed that since they don't have air bladders like fish, trivial pursuit anyone?)and sand crabs. All very friendly, except Allison wasn't interested in touching them herself, she wanted to watch Mommy do it. I too wasn'tinterested, but I took one for the team and touched it.
Next we saw sharks, fish, and participated in many interactive displays. By far the best part. Oh and we saw Mommy touch sting rays. Couldn't help but think of Steve Irwin when we were given the "don't touch the tail" lecture from the attendants. I did touch one and it was gross. It kind of felt like wet moss, definite slime! Yuck, Allison did get some nerve up to touch one but they were swimming too low and she kept screaming and I mean screaming, "don't drop me in, Mommy!" Funny!



We walked over to another exhibit hall just in time for Toddler Tuesdays and story time. Yeah! We were able to catch a puppet show and a story. Smiles all around. Then we walked around that exhibit hall which was all about Marsh lands, again my mind wandered to the Gulf, so sad. Then we headed back to the hotel, heated up our lunch and then nap. AAHHH!! Allison fell asleep around 2 pm and I woke up about 2:30 or so and went for a run. Nothing like running on the boardwalk. It was very relaxing and I did my three miles in about a half an hour. Not too shabby. Brent and I are considering a 5K sometime this summer or fall. We tend to be injury prone in the Booker's so were are trying to be realistic! Tonight it's a dinner for Brent's work and then one more night and 1/2 day. Then, back to reality. But we get to do it all again in about a month!

No comments: