Last night for dinner we headed down to Waterman's. We waited for a table outside, it's so nice to eat at the beach, plus people watching is always a must-do!
For drinks I ordered the signature "Orange Crush", it was just pure alcohol--rum, triple sec and vodka with a splash and I mean splash of sprite and freshly squeezed orange juice.
It was good, but I'ma cheap date so I stuck to one. Brent had the "Waterman", bunch of rum, grenadine and cherry juice, it was good. For dinner I had the penne pasta with veggies and shrimp. Alli got mac n cheese (shocker) and Brent got a salad with a crabcake. For an appetizer we got hush puppies, we are still in search of the yummy hush puppies from Chesapeake Bay Seafood House, remember that place?? Yum!
I wish I would have asked for my sauce on the side, could have saved myself a few thousand calories, but it was good.
After dinner we were just chatting it up when Brent asked, "is that rain?" A million dollar question because it became a down pour!! We were under an awning but the wind was blowing and we were slowly but surely getting wet.

Allison and I headed inside only to find the coolest gift shop. It had toys for her to play with, thank you! and lots of cool jewelry for me to oogle at. Brent became our hero and picked us up after running to get the car. We weren't afraid of getting wet, but at this point we were dealing with thunder and lightning which isn't cool with a toddler. After being rescued, the sun came out and we headed out to Brent's work's hospitality hour. We met some new friends and then headed back to the hotel for what was supposed to be an early night. Not so much with Allison around. She finally went to sleep with Brent cradling her in her pull out bed around 9:30. I got to stretch out in the king size bed solo. AHH, so nice. I haven't slept so much on a family trip in years, about three!
This morning Brent had to work for a couple of hours so Allison and I rented a bike and went on "an adventure". I was a little nervous, it was the first time I had riden a bike with her on it.

((Another first!)) We rode for about two hours, up and down the boardwalk. We did stop three times, two for pictures and one to play on a playground. It was like Clemyjontri park on the beach, awesome. Lots of moms and kids to talk to. I was beginning to feel the heat and was getting quite drenched with sweat (gross!) and we headed back to the hotel for a quick snack and then a dip in the pool until we could meet up with Daddy again. After swimming for about an hour, we had lunch. Allison swam again hard for about an hour and then ate a ginormous lunch! She fell asleep in my bed, hey, I thought that was just for me!, and slept for about 2 1/2 hours, unheard of..........she slept until 7:15 this morning. I told Brent we have to move to the beach, she sleeps here! We are all just now waking up from our naps, having a snack and getting organized for more fun in the sun. OH such decisions, pool ? beach ? This is getting difficult!
No comments:
Post a Comment