Alex was a true blessing, somas Allison! My children will never say they weren't wanted! It's been four years since I had a baby so herenare some things I forgot....
*the snap of a nursing bra, the snap of my breast friend pillow
*the limp body once Alex is finally asleep
*toothless grins
*the way a baby's head smells
*the baby burrito
*bucket car seats, not a fan, why do they cause you to lean away, the callouses from carryig them
*the click and lame songs of our swing
*going to the bathroom while holding a baby
*baby bathtubs
*gravity defying poops
*breastfed poops in general
*the power of white noise
*never standing still while holding Alex
*tracking input/output
*breast pump and drinking water like my life depends on it
*Baby Einstein, those videos are like baby drugs
*onesies
*mastering a diaper change, onesie snaps and zippers, nursing and swaddling all in the dark
*little baby feet and noses--feeling like I could really eat him!
*the sense of accomplishment after a good pumping session
*the pack n play
*the amount of crap you need when traveling, and how it doesn't matter if it's one night versus a week, it's still a lot of crap!
*tremendous pride when you can successfully transfer from the car seat to bed without the baby waking up
And so much more!
1 comment:
Sorry for the typos!
One more thing...I really enjoy people looking and then smiling at Alex and me. Forgot how awesome that is!!
Post a Comment