Sunday, June 05, 2011

Another 3 months? Screw it and then plant it!

Yikes. I'm a bad, really bad blogger! I thought it was before I was pregnant and had such bad carpal tunnel but know I think I'm just a bad blogger. I stink at updating baby books too, so this is really the only shot my kids are going to get. I should buck up!
I've been thinking of ways to update and there is no good way and frankly those who read this blog (insert crickets chirping here) are close family and friends and they know that Alex was born and that he's perfect and we won the baby lottery, and Allison is your typical perfect 4 year old girl who is having a period of HIGH drama but otherwise a well adjusted and well mannered little girl. So, screw it. I'm not updating we are going to go forward. I may revisit SOME things, but with how my life is going and how busy I am I don't think so.....

I will now provide an update. Not on the above mentioned children but on my husband. I love Brent :)((That's not the update!))

He has spent the ENTIRE weekend working on our landscaping. Some background: we have an ongoing list of things that we want to change or projects that we want to start in and around the house. There are definite He/She items on this list. The yard falls under HE. Last weekend, we had the pleasure of inviting Russ and Faye Davis over for dinner. Russ is the mastermind behind Montclair Landscaping, a company that Brent worked for pre-union days. Getting his hands dirty is something that Brent truly enjoys and is amazing at. The patience he demonstrates is limitless, I don't see it with our kiddos, maybe that because the plants don't talk back??
After dinner last week, Russ walked outside with Brent and passed along some ideas/tips for our landscaping. That was all the motivation my little green thumbed husband needed. We have spent the weekend (We meaning HE, I've stayed in the cool A/C!) digging, moving, analyzing, shopping, inspecting, shoveling, raking, composting, fertilizing and every other -ing verb that relates to the yard. He is doing an incredible job. He is tired, sore (not as young as he used to be!) and covered in blisters, but honestly he seems right at home in the yard with all of the gnats. Who by the way are another reason that I stay inside, they are awful! I just wanted him to know that I am proud of him for doing a great job and even more excited that we get to cross off something from our list. That is the best feeling! I will post pics once it's done.

No comments: