This past Father's Day weekend, we embarked on what I would consider a rite of passage of parents with daughters. The infamous dance recital! It was very pink, purple and adorable. Sad thing is I think it was our last. I was a "career" dancer if you will, forcing my parents to endure years of dance recitals. Allison is a more one and done. She didn't enjoy it, she really didn't. It was hard to have her not enjoy dance as much as I did, but I recognize it and I am just trying to encourage her with her other pursuits. At this point, he other pursuit is gymnastics. She will be taking a Level I class this summer with 5-8 year olds. Yikes! So I digress, here are some pictures from her recital. I have a video too that I'll end up putting on my me site. She did an amazing job and honestly was the only dancer to actually (imagine that) dance. It was precious and if it's the last, at least it happened!
Monday, June 20, 2011
Allison's First and likely LAST dance recital
This past Father's Day weekend, we embarked on what I would consider a rite of passage of parents with daughters. The infamous dance recital! It was very pink, purple and adorable. Sad thing is I think it was our last. I was a "career" dancer if you will, forcing my parents to endure years of dance recitals. Allison is a more one and done. She didn't enjoy it, she really didn't. It was hard to have her not enjoy dance as much as I did, but I recognize it and I am just trying to encourage her with her other pursuits. At this point, he other pursuit is gymnastics. She will be taking a Level I class this summer with 5-8 year olds. Yikes! So I digress, here are some pictures from her recital. I have a video too that I'll end up putting on my me site. She did an amazing job and honestly was the only dancer to actually (imagine that) dance. It was precious and if it's the last, at least it happened!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment