Sunday, March 01, 2009
Potty Training is not for wimps!
Brent and I have decided to start potty training Allison this weekend. I have NEVER spent so much time in the bathroom, even as a teenager. It's an interesting experience. I found myself totally second guessing our decision to try and potty train her this afternoon. She has yet to go to the potty. We have had two accidents. She is definitely holding her peepee. Which worries me since I don't want her to get a bladder or urinary tract infection. Right now, we are using the potty training doll (her favorite teddy bear, Buddy) and lots of rewards--cupcakes, M&M's--the works. I even gift wrapped "potty presents" for her. She knows we have these things and she tries so hard to go and nothing. It's sad. I keep going through the checklist reminding myself that she has ALL the signs of readiness. This is awful. I just held her on the potty today and gave her big hugs. She isn't resisting or crying. She actually runs to the potty to say she needs to go! I even went as far as downloaded a toddler game for my iPhone. I wanted to try anything or everything for her sucess. Fingers crossed we are going to keep moving forward with our current plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there.
Love you,
MOM
You're doing great, potty training is reallly tough. As long as she's positive and you're positive you'll make it through. Keep her drinks to set times, so she'll pee in about 2 hrs from a big drink at breakfast or lunch. And holding pee is a huge step in the potty training fun, that means she knows how to control it. She'll go!
I'm looking forward to the I-Phone in the potty post!
Post a Comment