Sunday, March 01, 2009

Valentine's Day in LA

I knew I would be late in blogging about the end of our chilly trip to So Cal! Typical. Anyways, we headed off to LA for Valentine's Day. We were hoping traffic wouldn't be so bad on the weekend, we were wrong. It took FOREVER to get there. We ended up catching lunch at this restaurant called the "Backwoods Inn". It was. It was the type of dive that you could put the peanut shells on the floor. No questions asked. That's classy. And there were all sorts of dead, stuffed animals proudly displayed on the walls and overhangs at the bar. Whoo-hoo. Not to mention there were naked women on the walls--the curvacious Victorian ones with the nipple area whited (? sp) out as if not to offend anyone. Sweet.
It was an adventure. It was nice to just pull off the highway and see where it lead us. It's a real challenge to do that with Allison in the car.
We drove all around LA. Took some great pictures of the Hills, I will post those later. ((Brent is using my laptop to do taxes, I'm hiding out, I don't want to know the outcome!)) I got to go shopping on Rodeo Drive, gush. So fun to pretend I was "pretty woman"--Big mistake, big, huge!! To top off our day, we had dinner at In and Out Burger. I am not a big Valentine's Day person--I would much rather get flowers and candy on any other day than that one. It's just not as special if everyone else is getting some too! Brent kept saying he was soo happy to be able to get away with no flowers, no candy and fast food for dinner. I was happy, I was with him!
All in all we had a wonderful trip in LA. I miss Allison with every cell in my body, but it's nice to spend time alone with my hubby! ;)

No comments: