Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Potty Update


I have spent all day trying to think of a catchy title for this post--you see what I decided on! I was thinking "talk from the toilet trenches", PeePee, BM, TMI, the potty papers...and then I figured most folks aren't as obsessed with toileting as much as I am at this point in my life!!
All in all Allison is doing VERY WELL!! She had her first full day of potty without Mommy on Tuesday and they called me at work to let me know that she had gone three times, stayed dry all morning and then was dry after her nap. What a rockstar. She did end up having some accidents at the the end of the day, but what a fantastic start. It helped my mommy guilt that she did okay without me there too, I was a hurtin' when I dropped her off......
And today she did well as well, she went for me twice and had three accidents. She is really starting to make the connection for potty time and then getting to the potty. She almost always comes up to me running and holding her bottom and sure enough it's time to go.
As far as my iPhone goes (this for you JEN!!)......here's the scoop. On Saturday, Allison would not sit on the potty for any length of time. I tried singing songs, reading books and nothing worked. I had just talked to my sister in law, Jen and she was sharing with me some of her stories with her kids and she said it would be easier now if they could just sit and play their DS's on the potty. That got me thinking.....the App store, they have an App for everything so it's worth a shot! Sure enough there it was toddler trivia. She was mesmerized, played it and played it. Sat on the potty, did her business, all was well. It never even dawned on me that it could and eventually would fall in the toilet. I was with her when it happened, I just calmly looked at her and said, "oh dear, that's not good". I took a deep breath, gently removed her from the potty and without hesitation stuck my hand in the toilet. Gross, yes but I did just clean them on Monday.......and it was Monday, so not so bad. And it was dead. Brent was able to call me on it later in the day, what a tease! We think it was it's last effort. It's still unresponsive.
So having kids is expensive we all know this, but who says potty training would cost you $400!! Oh, and I had the service plan for the iPhone, but guess what?? It doesn't cover water damage. This wasn't damage, it was a drowning..........
I am including a picture from Saturday with Brent, Allison and Buddy. Buddy is also learning to go to the potty. He is doing well also! ;)

No comments: