A patient of mine brought me in some cupcakes this week. (I actually need to discharge this patient because he brings me baked goods every week!) He brought in some of those mini cupcakes too. I knew the minute I saw them that I would soon become the coolest Mom ever! We held off on giving the cupcake to her before bedtime and then I opted to give it to her today after her lunch. After she had eaten her lunch (please note the half eaten carrots in the photo -- I do try to feed her properly!), she did her usual push away from the table. That's when I knew it was time. I went over and gave it to her. You would have thought she'd won the lottery. As she looked at me and what I was holding, I felt this beam of light surround my every movement and she looked lovingly at me. It was priceless. And it was pink! There isn't a day that goes by, especially on walks that Allison tells me she wants black (chocolate) cupcakes with pink icing for her birthday. Truly, I thought she was going to break out in Happy Birthday Allison!! It's moments like this that I am also reminded she's my child -- she only ate the icing! That's my girl. I think we will have a cupcake themed birthday party!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Ode to the Pink Cupcake
A patient of mine brought me in some cupcakes this week. (I actually need to discharge this patient because he brings me baked goods every week!) He brought in some of those mini cupcakes too. I knew the minute I saw them that I would soon become the coolest Mom ever! We held off on giving the cupcake to her before bedtime and then I opted to give it to her today after her lunch. After she had eaten her lunch (please note the half eaten carrots in the photo -- I do try to feed her properly!), she did her usual push away from the table. That's when I knew it was time. I went over and gave it to her. You would have thought she'd won the lottery. As she looked at me and what I was holding, I felt this beam of light surround my every movement and she looked lovingly at me. It was priceless. And it was pink! There isn't a day that goes by, especially on walks that Allison tells me she wants black (chocolate) cupcakes with pink icing for her birthday. Truly, I thought she was going to break out in Happy Birthday Allison!! It's moments like this that I am also reminded she's my child -- she only ate the icing! That's my girl. I think we will have a cupcake themed birthday party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment