Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful.........





We endured a huge snowstorm this weekend and cabin fever has set in! We got over 20 inches of snow at the house and Brent spent all day Saturday shoveling at intervals. He would shovel for a little bit, it would quickly collect and then he was back out shoveling again. Allison and I decided to brave the elements and join in on some fun with Daddy. We made snow angels, sprayed the snow with food coloring and had buggy rides. Then we ventured to the back yard and played on the swingset. That by far was the most fun since going down the slide resulted in a big pile of snow! We came back in and drank our hot chocolate and dried off and then spent the rest of the day watching the snow collect.



Sunday, we dug out and played some more. We also met our friends Tony and Aubry for lunch at Allison's favorite place! It was nice to get outside and actually leave our house. Monday the government was closed so Brent stayed home with us and we played some more. This time we stayed exclusively in the backyard and played on the swingset and even Bailey was acting like a younger version of himself and playing in the snow. So fun. I venture to think that by Christmas, it will just be a big mess. Although I imagine the surgeons I work with are very excited to start treating a variety of fractures, dislocations and tears!

No comments: