Midway through our crud, Brent and I made our annual pilgrimage to see the Red Sox. Usually we head north up to Baltimore, but this year we were lucky enough to get tickets for Nationals Park. I took the metro into the city--after taking out my driver's side window, nice, and met Brent at his office. Then we went down to meet Brent's brother, Steve and his wife Misti. After a nasty bout of traffic (the Booker's are know not to have any patience especially when it comes to traffic!) we parked our car and headed into the ballpark. Brent and I had never been there before and we were quite impressed with the festive atmosphere! It's hard to beat Fenway, but it's a really nice stadium. The Red Sox beat the Nationals, it was close to start but by the 3rd inning Big Papi was back in form and it a 3 run homer. Sweet!
Unfortunately when I woke up the next morning, I felt as if I had been hit by a bus and that my chest felt it was in a vice. Start round 2 of the crud.........but the Sox won and Papelbon got the save! Go Sox!
No comments:
Post a Comment