Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mike's home for a visit



The weekend of June 25th, we headed down to Richmond to see Mike. He was on a pass from his current deployment in Afghanistan. I just went through all of my pictures and realized I don't have one single picture of him! That's terrible! I blame it on my illness, I was super sick when we went down there, but I wasn't going to miss seeing him! We all hung out and had lunch and some dessert then let the kids play in the yard with Aunt Jen's new sprinkler toy. Allison adores spending time with her big cousins and it's funny how they all pair off to play with each other. Allison and Jessica are definitely a dynamic duo who in the future will see lots of trouble together. Thank goodness we have Natalie and John to monitor their "great ideas!" We did have some anxiety of seeing Mike and wondering if he would be "different", best thing about him is he was exactly the same. No change! I'm sure the issues and challenges he has faced in Afghanistan has impacted him but when it comes to family he was good ol Mike. Which was very comforting! It was nice to see Jen and the boys finally complete with Mike around. It has been a tough and long deployment for all of them, but hopefully his time abroad is winding down by now. His sacrifice is greatly appreciated and respected.

No comments: