Allison has been sick, nothing and I mean nothing stresses me out more than my baby girl being sick. I lie in bed thinking the worst--sometimes my medical background isn't a good thing--and then I realize I'm not sleeping, and the mind starts.....where's the dog? Does he have to go to the bathroom? Do I smell pee? Please no poo in the bedroom! I should sleep for the baby, the baby needs sleep, the mind goes round and round. So frustrating. Allison's fever returned today which means no school for her tomorrow. I'm fortunate in the fact that my mom will be here in the morning, then Connie, then Brent in the afternoon. I'm lucky but insert mommy guilt here. This is always tough with working part time. I know the good mommy in me needs to get out of the house, but she's sick and frankly when she's sick, I'm the one she wants/needs/asks for. The worst. I'm thankful that she's not sick a lot because frankly I think I would have quit working!
Speaking of work, I checked my work email today which I typically do at least once a day, only to find an email from my boss's boss. Never good. Even worse, it was a forward from the President of the hospital. Double score. So the stressed out momma in me is now convinced that my job of the clinical coordinator is now toast. Totally irrational.
Then there's the sickness. I can't get sick. I don't want to be sick. I mean who does. But nothing and I mean nothing can hurt this baby in my tummy. Please God no. Again, I'm irrational. Or as my adoring, concerned and supportive husband put it, "Stop being psycho". Helpful advice as always, B.
Dinner is done for tonight, phew. And I've already informed the family that Brent has bedtime duty and I am taking a bubble bath. That's as close to a glass of wine that this momma's gonna get.
Calgon take me away!
1 comment:
So the work thing, done or at least progress made.
Allison to the MD, no infection, nothing. Hopefully she's on the mend.
Now on to the next thing!
Post a Comment