Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy 90th Birthday Great Gigi!

Great Gigi celebrated her 90th birthday in September, however we travelled to Indiana and celebrated the big event after the Booker Family reunion. Great Gigi lives in the very small town of Scottsburg, Indiana about an hour south of Indianapolis. We basically hung out at her house for most of the weekend and then headed to Great Gigi's party.
The first day that we were in Scottsburg we headed to the park and off to feed the ducks. All the cousins went and had a ball! I was worried that Allison would fall into the lake, but she didn't!



On the other side of the lake was a playground. Once we were out of bread and the ducks were well fed, we headed around the lake to go to the playground. Most of the playground equipment was donated by a local proprietor who owns the area's McDonald's. If he gets some new playground equipment, he donates the previous to the local park. Once we were there, we played and played! It was so much fun!





After an exhausting day at the park, we headed back to get ready for the birthday party. It was just a family gathering and the food looked good. I was sick, sick, sick so I didn't eat anything. Turns out before we left Indiana I had three awful spider bites on the back of my legs and I, Dr. Booker :), believe that the bites made me sick. I had no appetite but I endured dinner and was just trying to make it through the evening in one piece. Brent's mom and Aunt purchased a welcome book for folks to sign and leave messages to Great Gigi. Before dinner, we had a blessing by Jen and then Great Gigi opened her gifts. We all chipped in and got her a digital photo frame. Then Brent's Mom, Connie and Aunt Jeanne had a photo created to simulate a wedding picture for Great Gigi. She didn't have a wedding picture done when she married her husband, Bruce. They weren't able to afford it. The look on her face when she openend it was priceless! It was an awesome gift idea and something that she will always treasure!




No comments: