Friday, February 13, 2009

Greetings from sunny sometimes and cold always San Diego!





Brent and I are enjoying some time away from the usual hustle and bustle of life in Southern CA. The problem is it's cold, very cold! We arrived to find out that the rest of our time here the weather would be "unseasonably cool" and "wet". How perfect. The area of the country known for having a stable weather pattern has a blurp while we are here. Al Gore's right, global warming sucks.
We are making the most of it and have ventured out on some day trips. We are staying at the Four Seasons in Carlsbad, not too shabby but our room is hella cold. Enough whining about the weather. The picture above is the view outside of our patio. I have enjoyed doing some reading outside and listening to the fountain while drinking my morning tea. Not too shabby.
Yesterday we went down to San Diego. When we were here a couple of years ago I wanted to go to Seaport Village but we didn't make it so I wanted to be sure to go this trip. I was VERY disappointed. It was a tourist trap for sure. I was hoping to find some swanky shops to get some unique gifts and things and nothing. To make matters worse, you had to buy something to validate parking otherwise you had to pay to park. That doesn't seem right to me!


After Seaport Village, we ventured over to the USS Midway and took some pictures around the bay. The Military and Coast Guard were quite busy with their helicopters over us for what seemed to be every five minutes! (Am I whining again!?) Here's the picture of the most famous "kiss". It's a super big statue. We were also goofing off at the Bob Hope memorial. All in good fun!


After that we drove over to Coronado Island. On our previous trip, we had dinner at the famous Coronado Hotel but didn't really explore the island. So that's what we did this trip. The stores and shopping in Coronado make up for my disappointment in Seaport Village. After lunch we headed back to Carlsbad and took a detour to La Jolla. Brent's most favorite place in the world! We drove along the coast and took some pictures of Torrey Pines, sea lions sunning and the ocean. Those are mostly what you see here.




We are planning a trip to Laguna -- I gotta go!! And also to LA. I'm going shopping on Rodeo drive and I hope to see some famous people this time! :) I also want to go to Coto, but we'll see........gotta try and find some housewives!

1 comment:

The Santiago Four said...

Sounds fun, so far reminds me of our San Diego trip! Thanks for the memory refresher ;)