I always dread, and I mean dread cooking dinner. Allison is super needy between 4 and 6 pm--it's all I can do to get things done. I decided to embrace her toddler curiosity and let her cook with me (within reason, of course!). She was VERY excited to wear her apron--we have matching aprons, thanks to Aunt Suzie! She couldn't get over the idea that you could just wipe your hands on the apron! ((They should really make aprons for kids to be used as bibs, it works so much easier!)) We made squash nuggets, barbecue chicken, and macaroni and cheese. I sliced the squash and then she dipped it in the Italian dressing, then the breadcrumbs and finally onto the baking sheet. For the mac n cheese, she added the water into the pot. It was a lot of fun and I was able to eat dinner without feeling like I had been through the war! She was very proud to eat her dinner and was very excited to tell Daddy that she cooked with Mommy!
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Cooking Class
I always dread, and I mean dread cooking dinner. Allison is super needy between 4 and 6 pm--it's all I can do to get things done. I decided to embrace her toddler curiosity and let her cook with me (within reason, of course!). She was VERY excited to wear her apron--we have matching aprons, thanks to Aunt Suzie! She couldn't get over the idea that you could just wipe your hands on the apron! ((They should really make aprons for kids to be used as bibs, it works so much easier!)) We made squash nuggets, barbecue chicken, and macaroni and cheese. I sliced the squash and then she dipped it in the Italian dressing, then the breadcrumbs and finally onto the baking sheet. For the mac n cheese, she added the water into the pot. It was a lot of fun and I was able to eat dinner without feeling like I had been through the war! She was very proud to eat her dinner and was very excited to tell Daddy that she cooked with Mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment